Grace Church Re-Opening Plans & FAQ's
Welcome back! On Sunday, February 14th, we will be restarting our in-person Sunday services. We know that many in our church family will not be able to attend at this time due to a number of reasons. We want to be clear that there is no pressure for anyone to attend. We support your decision to delay returning to in-person services until the time that you and those you care for are comfortable returning. We will continue to live stream our Sunday service on Facebook, YouTube, and our website. If you need help, please email us at email@example.com. Our team is ready to connect with you and minister to you as part of our online community.
What to Expect
- In accordance with state guidelines we are limiting attendance to 25% capacity.
- When you arrive for service, please expect to have your temperature taken and your hands sanitized.
- Everyone is expected to wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth throughout the entire service.
- Chairs have been arranged to accommodate social distancing. Please maintain social distancing throughout the entire service.
- If you appear to be sick or display any symptoms of illness, you will be immediately asked to leave the service.
- Please remain in your seat once you have been seated.
By attending, you understand and agree that:
- You are in a public setting with other individuals that are not related to you. Although we have taken enhanced health and safety measures, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Your participation is purely voluntary and by visiting Grace Church you assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- You are in good health as far as you know and will take the necessary safety measures to look out for the safety and well-being of others.
- If you are exposed or become aware of an exposure to COVID-19 after you have attended our worship service, for the safety of our entire church family, we encourage you to self-report this to firstname.lastname@example.org. The names of those who self-report will be kept confidential.
What steps are being taken to clean the facility?
The cleaning company we use does a very thorough job of cleaning the facility before Sunday service.
What are the basic guidelines for seating?
A greeter will seat you in family units in alternating rows to ensure proper social distancing. After the service ends, please remain seated until a greeter dismisses your row.
Will children’s ministry and childcare be reopened?
For the first few weeks of the reopening, there will be no children's ministry or childcare.
Can I use the restroom?
Yes. Please note that restroom doors will be open at all times to provide a touchless entry. A maximum of two people at a time will be allowed in each of the restrooms.
Can I greet other people during services?
Yes, but please maintain social distancing and refrain from physical contact (hugs, shaking of hands) with anyone that is outside of your household.
Will there be singing and communion during services?
We will be singing while wearing masks. Communion will be served through individual pre-packaged containers.